It was founded in 1902, and it is located on the east bank of Lake Budi, which is accessed directly by Carahue or from the south taking the road from Hualpín. Its astonishing landscapes inspires tranquility and contact with nature. It is the shipping point for Carlos Schaelchli´s shuttle, which makes daily free rides to the nearby islands Nahuelhuapi and Llepo, and also to the berths Santa Maria, Huentén and Puaucho at the western end of Budi Lake. It has two thousand inhabitants approximately, mainly dedicated to subsistence activities and ethnotourism. Among the town´s attractions stand out a series of gigantic wooden statues that guard Puerto Domínguez´s coast.